A History of the County of Lincoln: Volume 2. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1906.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
92. THE HOSPITAL OF ST. LEONARD WITHOUT THE CASTLE OF LINCOLN
This hospital, which was intended for lepers and other sick persons, was certainly in existence before 1300, when Bishop Dalderby called upon the rectors and vicars of Lincoln and Stowe to make collections in aid of it. (fn. 1) Another indulgence for its support was granted in 1311. Nothing further is known of its history. (fn. 2)