A History of the County of Lincoln: Volume 2. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1906.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
93. THE HOSPITAL OF ST. MARY MAGDALENE, LINCOLN
This hospital, which seems to have been an almshouse for the poor, and contained a master and brethren of number unknown, was in existence before 1311, when King Edward II sent one of his old servants to receive the necessaries of life there. (fn. 1) The house was still standing in 1402, when Laurence Allerthorpe, king's clerk, was made master at the death of William. (fn. 2)