A History of the County of Lincoln: Volume 2. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1906.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
106. THE HOSPITAL OF GRANTHAM
The hospital of St. Leonard 'by the Spittelgate' of Grantham was in existence in the fifteenth century, and wardens were appointed to the custody of it until 1500. It is not mentioned after this date, nor does it appear amongst the chantries connected with Grantham in the Chantry Certificate.
Wardens of Grantham Hospital
William Tapyter, (fn. 1) resigned 1428
Robert Herring, (fn. 2) presented 1428, resigned 1431
William Walsone, (fn. 3) presented 1431
William Ashby, (fn. 4) resigned 1445
John Stretton, (fn. 5) admitted 1445
Thomas Isham, (fn. 6) died 1500
Philip Meautes, (fn. 7) admitted 1500