A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 1, Physique, Archaeology, Domesday, Ecclesiastical Organization, the Jews, Religious Houses, Education of Working Classes To 1870, Private Education From Sixteenth Century. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1969.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS
The drawings on pages 22 and 24 are reproduced from blocks lent by the London and Middlesex Archaeological Society; those on page 26 and figs. 1-3 on page 27 were supplied by A. D. Lacaille. The weapons, domestic objects, and brooches on pages 41, 55, 76, and 78 were drawn in the London Museum by G. Manchester, under the direction of Jean Macdonald and F. S. C. Celoria. Coats of arms were drawn by C. W. Scott-Giles. The illustration facing page 168 is reproduced from an electroplate owned by Longman's Green & Co. Ltd., made from an illustration in G. S. Davies, Charterhouse in London (John Murray & Co.). The illustrations facing page 350 are reproduced from blocks lent by the Athlone Press. Thanks are due to those who lent the blocks and to the following for permission to reproduce material in their possession: the Bodleian Library, Oxford, the British Museum, the City of London Guildhall Library, the Greater London Council, Guildford Museum, Kensington Central Library, the Charterhouse, London, the London Museum, the London and Middlesex Archaeological Society, the National Monuments Record, the Surrey Archaeological Society, and Westminster Public Library.