A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 5, Hendon, Kingsbury, Great Stanmore, Little Stanmore, Edmonton Enfield, Monken Hadley, South Mimms, Tottenham. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1976.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
A congregation of Jews affiliated to the United Synagogue first appeared in Kingsbury in 1939. (fn. 1) In 1942 Eden Lodge at Kingsbury Green was registered for worship, (fn. 2) becoming Kingsbury district synagogue in 1954. (fn. 3) A new synagogue was built on the site by David Stern & Partners, architects, in 1967. (fn. 4) It is a dark grey brick building with rough-cast buttresses, full-length stained glass windows and a wooden roof.