A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 6, Friern Barnet, Finchley, Hornsey With Highgate. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1980.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
In 1948 Marian Fathers belonging to the Byelorussian Catholic Church acquired a large house in Holden Avenue, North Finchley. A chapel there, registered for public worship according to the Byzantine-Slavonic rite in 1952, contains an iconostasis featuring ancient icons from Byelorussia. Another house in Holden Avenue is used in mission work. (fn. 1)