A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 8, Islington and Stoke Newington Parishes. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1985.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Established church of Scotland
The Caledonian church was opened c. 1846 in the former Holloway Independent chapel, Holloway Rd. It seated 600 in 1851, and was attended by 250 in the morning, including the children of the Royal Caledonian asylum, and 100 in the evening of census Sunday. (fn. 23) It closed c. 1956, when the building was used by Islington Boy Scouts, (fn. 24) and was demolished c. 1960 to make way for a new Scout H.Q. (fn. 25)