A History of the County of Norfolk: Volume 2. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1906.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
69. THE HOSPITAL OF HARDWICK
There was a leper hospital by the dam or bank at Hardwick-by-Lynn, a hamlet of the parish of North Runcton. It was dedicated to St. Lawrence, and the advowson of it in 1339 was in the hands of Matthew Herlewin. (fn. 1)
There is a further reference to this hospital in the year 1327, when a bequest was made to the Hospitale de Hardwicke. (fn. 2)