A History of the County of Nottingham: Volume 2. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1910.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
28. THE HOSPITAL OF ST. ANTHONY, LENTON
There are two references in the Lenton chartulary to a hospital of St. Anthony within the precincts of the priory.
The earliest of these references records the grant to the hospital by Anker son of William of 3 roods of meadow in Bunny; and the other of 7 bovates of land in Bradmore by Gervase de Somerville, to which gift Ralph de Frecheville added an eighth bovate with common of pasture and turbary rights. (fn. 1)