A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 12, Wootton Hundred (South) Including Woodstock. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1990.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Old Woodstock houses licensed for nonconformist meetings included, in 1737, a farmhouse occupied by William Wise. (fn. 12) William Creek's house, probably at the Bank, was registered in 1820, and Timothy Hunt's, later no. 46 Hill Rise, in 1821 and 1840. George Webley, like Hunt a glover from Worcester, took a leading part in the registration of meeting houses not only in Old Woodstock but also in Wootton. (fn. 13) The nearest chapels were at Woodstock and Wootton.