A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 2. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1907.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
43. THE HOSPITAL OF ST. PETER, OXFORD.
Simon Islip, as vicar of the Bishop of Lincoln while abroad, issued a notice in 1338 that if the poor of the house of St. Peter in Oxford should ask money for the repairs of their house or their own maintenance the faithful should assist them. (fn. 1) Wood was of the opinion that it was in the parish of St. Peter in the East, and was demolished when New College was built. (fn. 2)