List of maps and plans

Page xiii

A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 5, Bullingdon Hundred. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1957.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.



The maps of Bullingdon Hundred, Beckley, Cuddesdon, Garsington, and Cowley, Iffley and Littlemore are based on the Ordnance Survey, and are published with the sanction of the Controller of H.M. Stationery Office, Crown Copyright reserved.

The maps of Beckley, of Stanton St. John, and of Cowley, Iffley, and Littlemore were drawn by Margaret Tomlinson, the rest of the maps by Mary E. Potter. The church plans and the plan of Studley Priory are the joint work of H. M. Colvin, H. A. James, Mary E. Preston, and P. S. Spokes.

The Hundred of Bullingdon 1
Ambrosden Church 27
The Villages of Marsh Baldon and Toot Baldon about 1730 31
Marsh Baldon and Toot Baldon in 1830 36
Studley Priory 59
The Ancient Parish of Beckley 65
Beckley Church 74
The Ancient Parish of Cuddesdon 97
Cuddesdon Church 105
Garsington in the 17th century 135
Garsington Church 155
The Ancient Parish of Horspath 181
Horspath Church 187
Cowley, Iffley, and Littlemore before inclosure 198
Marston Church 220
Merton Church 232
Nuneham Courtenay in 1707 235
The Harcourt Chapel at Nuneham Courtenay 248
Stanton St. John in the early 18th century 287
Stanton Church 291
Waterperry Church 307
Wood Eaton Church 317