List of maps and plans

Page xiii

A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 9, Bloxham Hundred. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1969.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.



The church and house plans were drawn by Laurence Hunt and dated by H. M. Colvin. The church plans were based on surveys by G. Forsyth Lawson and Partners of Banbury. The map of Balscott was drawn by Mary E. Potter, and the other maps by K. J. Wass from drafts by T. G. Hassall. The maps of Bloxham hundred, Adderbury parish, and Bloxham, 1954 are based on the Ordnance Survey with the sanction of the Controller of H. M. Stationery Office, Crown Copyright reserved.

The hundred of Bloxham page 2
Adderbury parish, c. 1790. From Davis, Oxon. Map " 7
Adderbury House, c. 1767. From an architect's survey of c. 1767 in the Soane Museum " 8
Adderbury church " 34
Alkerton church " 51
Bloxham, 1954 " 54
Bloxham township before enclosure. From Davis, Oxon. Map and the inclosure award and map " 67
Bloxham church " 77
Broughton Castle. From a plan in the Public Record Office, Works 32/711 " 90
Broughton church " 99
Hanwell Castle. From a plan in the National Monuments Record " 113
Horley church " 135
Shenington parish, 1732. From a map by Robert Whittlesey at Oriel College, Oxford " 144
Balscott, 1684. From a map by Henry Dormer at Trinity College, Oxford " 174
Wroxton parish, 1768. From a map by Edward and Thomas Smith at Trinity College, Oxford " 180