A History of the County of Somerset: Volume 6, andersfield, Cannington, and North Petherton Hundreds (Bridgwater and Neighbouring Parishes). Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1992.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Two meeting houses were licensed for Independents in 1821 (fn. 1) and one for Methodists in 1840, but none was recorded in 1843. (fn. 2) A house opposite the school was licensed in 1861 and the Wesleyan chapel was built in 1864, (fn. 3) probably on the same site. In 1882 the Bible Christians bought it but their mission failed due to 'religious intolerance' and in 1894 the chapel was put up for sale. (fn. 4) In 1901-2 the Wesleyans returned (fn. 5) but in 1924 services ceased. In 1927 the chapel was sold and converted into a dwelling. (fn. 6)