A History of the County of Somerset: Volume 6, andersfield, Cannington, and North Petherton Hundreds (Bridgwater and Neighbouring Parishes). Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1992.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Seventeen people were fined for not taking communion in 1671. (fn. 1) There was a Quaker in the parish in 1679. (fn. 2) A house was licensed for use by Presbyterians in 1760, (fn. 3) and regular services were held by Wesleyan Methodists in 1848; (fn. 4) no later evidence has been found of either congregation.