A History of the County of Somerset: Volume 6, andersfield, Cannington, and North Petherton Hundreds (Bridgwater and Neighbouring Parishes). Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1992.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
An Independent meeting house was registered in 1799. (fn. 1) It may have closed before a chapel was opened in 1826. (fn. 2) That building, later used as a Sunday school, was sold in 1952. (fn. 3) A new chapel was built in 1869 for 300 people but by 1896 the cause was 'very weak'. (fn. 4) The chapel, at the west end of the village, belonged to the United Reformed church and remained open in 1989.