A History of the County of Stafford: Volume 5, East Cuttlestone Hundred. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1959.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
This volume, the third in the Staffordshire series to appear, is, like its predecessor, Volume IV, the outcome of a partnership between the University of London and a group of Local Authorities in Staffordshire. For some explanation of the nature of that partnership and a description of the editorial arrangements the reader is referred to the Editorial Note prefixed to Volume IV. It only remains for the University of London to reiterate its gratitude to the Local Authorities for the continuation of their much valued financial assistance. Sincere thanks must also again be returned to those who have helped in the work of compilation, especially to Miss Marguerite Gollancz and Mr. F. B. Stitt (successively Librarians of the William Salt Library, Stafford, and County Archivists), the members of their staff, Mr. M. B. S. Exham (Lichfield Diocesan Registrar), and Mr. S. A. H. Burne.
STAFFORDSHIRE VICTORIA HISTORY COMMITTEE
as at 15 October 1958
|Alderman G. C. W. Jones||Mr. S. A. H. Burne||Professor M. J. Wise, m.c.|
|Professor S. E. Finer||Major C. A. Crofton||Sir Geoffrey Mander|
|Professor J. W. Blake||Mr. F. B. Stitt||Alderman H. Barks, o.b.e.|
|Mr. P. Styles|