A History of the County of Surrey: Volume 2. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1967.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
12. THE HOSPITAL OF NEWINGTON
There was an ancient hospital here dedicated to the honour of Our Lady and St. Catherine; but we have not been able to learn anything more concerning it than that it continued until 1551, when, as is stated by Strype, their proctor had protection or license to solicit alms granted by Edward VI. (fn. 1)