A History of the County of Sussex: Volume 6 Part 2, Bramber Rape (North-Western Part) Including Horsham. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1986.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
A Wesleyan Methodist chapel on the east side of the high road was opened in 1890 or 1891, after a preacher from Shoreham had preached in a farm kitchen in Ashington over two years. The building, which was of iron, was succeeded by the present building of flint and red brick in 1894-5. There were 130 sittings in 1895 (fn. 4) and in 1940. (fn. 5) The Linfields, later of Oast House, were a prominent Methodist family in the parish. (fn. 6) In 1977 the chapel was served by a minister from Shoreham. (fn. 7)