A History of the County of Sussex: Volume 6 Part 3, Bramber Rape (North-Eastern Part) Including Crawley New Town. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1987.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
The large, bleak, castellated house called the Towers, built c. 1880 (fn. 1) in Henfield Road, was given c. 1903 to the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament and thereafter used as a convent school, at first for French girls, and later for English girls too. Services in the chapel were open to the public by 1907 and continued to be so in 1981. A new chapel was built in 1929. (fn. 2) There were 120 pupils in 1981. (fn. 3)