A History of the County of Sussex: Volume 6 Part 3, Bramber Rape (North-Eastern Part) Including Crawley New Town. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1987.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
The modern church of St. Francis and St. Anthony and its predecessor are treated under Ifield. (fn. 1)
The church of Our Lady Queen of Heaven, Stagelands, Langley Green, a hall church of brick and concrete, was opened in 1959 on a site made available by the development corporation. (fn. 2)
St. Bernadette's church hall, Tilgate Way, was opened in 1962 on a site made available by the development corporation, (fn. 3) whose successor also provided that of St. Edward the Confessor, Hill Crest Close, Pound Hill, opened in 1965. (fn. 4) St. Edward's is of reinforced concrete with a catenary roof; the church occupies the east part of the building, the west part being a church clubroom.
The chapel of St. Theodore of Canterbury, Gossops Green, existed by c. 1971. (fn. 5) It is a cruck-built hall church with brick cladding.
The church of Christ the Lord, Broadfield, was registered in 1982 for joint use by the Roman Catholics and the United Reformed church. It was already used by Anglicans. (fn. 6)