A History of the County of Warwick: Volume 6, Knightlow Hundred. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1951.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
The incumbents of most of the parishes dealt with in this volume kindly read the proofs relating to their own parishes and in several instances gave useful information, which is acknowledged in the footnotes. We are also indebted to Mr. Philip Chatwin, F.S.A., for help on several architectural points.
We have to thank the Librarian of the Birmingham Reference Library for copies of the drawings of churches in the Aylesford Collection, which are particularly valuable in this Hundred, where the hand of 'restorers' has been heavy. To Lord Leigh we are indebted for the early map of Stoneleigh, and to the Warwickshire County Council in conjunction with the Northamptonshire Records Society for photographs of 18th-century maps from the Montagu-Buccleuch collection. Thanks for the loan of photographs and permission to reproduce them are due to Mr. Walter H. Godfrey, C.B.E., F.S.A., Director of the National Buildings Record, the late Mr. W. A. Clark, F.S.A., F.R.P.S., Mr. Reece Winstone, A.R.P.S., and the proprietors of Country Life and the Leamington Spa Courier.