A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 17, Calne. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 2002.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
There is no evidence of Roman Catholic recusancy at Calne. Services were held in the town in the Second World War, (fn. 1) and c. 1947 a small garage in Oxford Road was extended and converted to a temporary church. (fn. 2) A new brick church, dedicated to St. Edmund Rich, was built on a nearby site in 1962 (fn. 3) and was open in 2000.