A History of the County of Wiltshire: Volume 8, Warminster, Westbury and Whorwellsdown Hundreds. Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1965.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
One papist, an apothecary, lived in Warminster in 1783. (fn. 1) No permanent mass centre was founded in the town until 1922 when the church of St. George was built on Boreham Road. (fn. 2) This was then served from Frome for some years. (fn. 3) In 1938 a presbytery was added to the church. (fn. 4)