The Cartulary of Holy Trinity, Aldgate. Originally published by London Record Society, London, 1971.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by London Record Society. All rights reserved.
[f. 124v] In the parish of St. Giles Without Crepelgate
684. [1270–1] Grant of Alice widow of Michael de Westmeln' to Eustace prior and convent of 4s. 9d. of quit rent in the parish of St. Giles from land with houses which John de Hailee holds of the grantor; abutments, the grantor's capital messuage on the west and the land and houses of Geoffrey de Katenham, once of Richard de Mora, painter; for the work of the canons for the sick in the infirmary of the priory; if the payment is in arrears, the grantor concedes that the canons shall take naam in the capital messuage aforesaid until they are satisfied; sealed; witnesses, John Adryan, mayor, Henry Wales, Gregory de Rokesle, sheriffs, Bartholomew de Castell, alderman of this ward. (fn. 1)
C.A.D., v, A 11864.
685. [List of those paying rent]: John Hayle; Robert le Sacker; John Sacker who granted the tenement to Henry Denicomb as appears by their charter (fn. 2) enrolled 5 Ed. III and Henry also bequeathed 1 mark p.a. from the same tenement to the church of St. Thomas de Aeon as in his will (fn. 3) enrolled 22 Ed. III; Alice widow of H. Denicomb, 24 Ed. III; Gilbert Lyrpp(er) who granted the garden belonging to this tenement to Gilbert Prynce as appears in their charter (fn. 4) enrolled 6 Ric. II; John Multon, skinner.
686. Total of this parish 4s. 9d. and yet it is tithed at 28s. as appears in the king's exemplification.