Survey of London: Volume 25, St George's Fields (The Parishes of St. George the Martyr Southwark and St. Mary Newington)

Edited by Ida Darlington. A description of these two Surrey parishes, lying south of the Bankside area described in volume 22. It includes accounts of the Old Kent Road, the Imperial War Museum building (formerly Bethlem Hospital) and of St. George's Cathedral.

Survey of London. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1955.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.


Table of contents