Casterton Road

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Year published

1977

Supporting documents

Page

79

Annotate

Comment on this article
Double click anywhere on the text to add an annotation in-line

Citation Show another format:

'Casterton Road', An Inventory of Historical Monuments in the Town of Stamford (1977), pp. 79. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=129511 Date accessed: 31 July 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

Casterton Road (Fig. 206)

(152) Clock House, No. 1 (Plate 162), two storeys, coursed rubble walls with flush ashlar quoins, class 10 plan, is in the Tudor style. It was built on manorial waste in 1839 by Richard Newcomb who was granted a 33-year lease from March 1840 (Ex. MS, 77/5; survey of encroachments 190). The central bay projects slightly and is gabled. The windows have labels, central mullions, and gothic glazing bars; over the central window is a circular frame for a clock face.



<--Previous:
Burghley Lane
Next:-->
Castle Street