Plate 85

Sponsor

English Heritage

Publication

Author

Hermione Hobhouse (General Editor)

Year published

1994

Supporting documents

Page

85

Citation Show another format:

'Plate 85', Survey of London: volumes 43 and 44: Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs (1994), pp. 85. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=46640 Date accessed: 20 September 2014.


Highlight

(Min 3 characters)

a. Cubitt Town from Greenwich in c1857.


Cubitt Town from Greenwich in c1857.

Plate 85a: Cubitt Town from Greenwich in c1857.
Cubitt Town from Greenwich in c1857.

The newly built Christ Church, Manchester Road, is on the left

b. Potter's Ferry slipway, looking south to Greenwich Hospital in 1940 (pp. 484–5, 515)


Potter's Ferry slipway in 1940.

Plate 85b: Potter's Ferry slipway in 1940.
Potter's Ferry slipway, looking south to Greenwich Hospital in 1940 (pp. 484–5, 515)

c. Northern Cubitt Town river frontage in 1895: Stewart Street Pumping Station is to the right of centre (p. 539) and the Prince of Wales public house to the left (p. 501)


River front at North Cubitt Town in 1895.

Plate 85c: River front at North Cubitt Town in 1895.
Northern Cubitt Town river frontage in 1895: Stewart Street Pumping Station is to the right of centre (p. 539) and the Prince of Wales public house to the left (p. 501)