Survey of London: Volume 15, All Hallows, Barking-By-The-Tower, Pt II. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1934.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
(D) MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD
In fra Iacet
Ioannes Gaskarth. S. T. P.
Per quadraginta [septem] annos
Gregis Custos assidius,
Certissimus, Inopum patronus
Qui Fide dives et Operibus
Animam Deo rededit
Decembris Xmo An Dom MDCCXXXII
John Gaskarth was vicar from 1686. He twice repaired the church, largely at his own expense, and bequeathed £50 to the Green Coat School and £50 for the relief of poor housekeepers of All Hallows parish. (fn. 1)