Survey of London: Volume 41, Brompton. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1983.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
a. (above). Brompton Road looking north from Alexander Square towards the Oratory and the Bell and Horns in c. 1900.
Alexander Place (p. 63) on left
b. (above right). The Bell and Horns at the junction of Thurloe Place and Brompton Road in c. 1912.
Behind, left and right, are parts of Empire House (pp. 60, 82-3)
c. (right) Empire House at the junction of Thurloe Place and Brompton Road in 1982.
Paul Hoffmann, architect, 1910-16. Dalmeny House is on the right (pp. 82-3)