BHO

Plate 116: Trinity Buoy Wharf, Orchard Place

Page 116

Survey of London: Volumes 43 and 44, Poplar, Blackwall and Isle of Dogs. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1994.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Table of contents

Trinity House Buoy Whare, Orchard Place (pp. 677–82)

a. View looking west in July 1866, showing the grove of trees in the south-east corner of the wharf, the old superintendent's house and, left, part of the original buoy store.

Figure 116b:

Trinity Buoy Wharf, Orchard Place

View looking west in July 1866, showing the grove of trees in the south-east corner of the wharf, the old superintendent's house and, left, part of the original buoy store. Brunswick Wharf and the East India Docks can be seen in the background.

b. View looking east in 1868 showing the newly built chain and buoy store and experimental lighthouse (pp. 679–80)

Figure 116b:

Trinity Buoy Wharf, Orchard Place

View looking east in 1868 showing the newly built chain and buoy store and experimental lighthouse (pp. 679–80)