Journal of the House of Commons: Volume 1, 1547-1629. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1802.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Jovis, 2o Martii, 1580
Clerk of the Market, &c.
1. nova. The Bill touching the Clerk of the Market, and Weights and Measures. - The first Reading.
1. 2. nova. The Bill for Abolishing of certain deceitful Stuff used in Dying of Cloths and other Things, twice read ; and ordered to be ingrossed.
2. The Bill touching Lessees of Tenants in Tail. - The Amendments twice read ; and the Bill is, upon the Question, ordered to be ingrossed.
Formedon in Descender.
3. The Bill for Limitation of Prescription in a Formedon in the Descender. - The third Reading, and passed, upon the Question.
3. The Bill against the false Packing of Hops. - The third Reading; and passed, upon the Question.
3. The Bill for the Mayor, Bailiffs and Commonalty of the City of Coventrie. - The third Reading; and passed, upon the Question.
The Five Bills last passed are sent up to the Lords by all the Privy Council being of this House, and others.
3. The Bill for Re-edifying of Cardief Bridge, in the County of Glamorgan. - The third Reading; and passed, upon the Question.
2. The Bill touching Tinners and Spaliars. - The second Reading.
2. The Bill against the Corporation of the Merchants Adventurers, being Freemen of the City of London.- - The second Reading; and committed unto Mr. Treasurer, Mr. Comptroller, Mr. Vicechamberlain, Mr. Chancellor of the Exchequer, Mr. Chancellor of the Duchy, Mr. Secretary Wilson, Mr. Lieutenant of the Tower, the Master of the Jewel-house, Mr. Dale Master of the Requests, Sir Humphry Gilbert, Sir Thomas Sampole, Sir Rowland Hayward, Sir William Wynter, Mr. Jo. Hastings, Mr. Serjeant Flowredewe, Mr. Atkyns, Mr. Gryce, Mr. Colby, Mr. Crooke, Mr. Digges, Mr. Norton, Mr. Gwyn, Mr. Aldersea, and Mr. Benbrigge: To meet in the Chequer-chamber, To-morrow at Two of the Clock in the Afternoon : And further, that the said Committees shall have Authority to hear such Proofs, on both Parts as shall make Request to come before them, touching the Contents of the said Bill.