These subject guides are designed to guide you through some of the materials that we have on BHO. Each subject guide has been created by a historian who specialises in a particular subject area. Please contact us if you are interested in writing a guide for us in: administrative and legal history; colonial history; economic history; historical geography; intellectual and cultural history; or another area that you think is a strength in BHO's collection.
We're particularly keen to add guides in the following areas. Guides will help others make the most of British History Online.
- Key documentary sources, such as State Papers Domestic, Foreign, Close Rolls, and others
- Scottish history
- Irish history
- Britain’s colonial territories and influence overseas
- History of the built environment
- Histories of place
- Histories by period or event (e.g. civil wars)
- Legal history
- Government or other aspects of life during specific periods or reigns