Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1541-1857: Volume 7, Ely, Norwich, Westminster and Worcester Dioceses. Originally published by Institute of Historical Research, London, 1992.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
Table to illustrate suspension of prebends at Westminster, 1841-59, in accordance with Stat. 3 & 4 Vic. c. 113
s. 8 And be it enacted, That in the Chapters of the Cathedral Churches of Durham and Worcester and of the Collegiate Church of Saint Peter Westminster respectively Six Canonries shall be suspended in the following Order; (that is to say,) the first Two vacant Canonries shall be suspended, and the Canonry thirdly vacant shall be filled up; and the Two Canonries fourthly and fifthly vacant shall be suspended, and the then next vacant Canonry shall be filled up; and the Two Canonries which shall then next be vacant shall be suspended.
s. 29 ... That the rectory of the Parish of St. Margaret ... shall immediately become and be permanently annexed and united the canonry held by Henry Hart Milman ... and the rectory of... St. John ... to the canonry ... held by John Jennings...
Thus the prebends were reduced by 1859 to the requisite number of six.