Journal of the House of Lords: Volume 2, 1578-1614. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1767-1830.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
DIE Jovis, videlicet, 6 die Martii:
HODIE 2a vice lecta est Billa, An Act for the Naturalizing of the Children of Sir Edward Conwaie, Knight, Lieutenant Governor of the King's Majesty's Cautionary Town of The Briell.
River Thames to Oxford.
Hodie 2a vice lecta est Billa, An Act for clearing of the Passage by Water, from London, to and beyond the City of Oxford.
And was referred to Committees: videlicet,
Mr. Justice Walmisley,
Mr. Justice Yelverton,
Mr. Justice Willyams,
Mr. Justice Tanfeild,
Mr. Serjeant Crooke,
Mr. Attorney General,
Mr. Dr. Swale,
Sir John Tindale,
|To attend the Lords.|
Appointed to meet at the Little Chamber, near the Parliament Presence, upon Thursday, the 13th of March, by Two in the Afternoon.
To reform the Multitude of unnecessary Buildings, &c. in London.
Hodie 1a vice lecta est Billa, An Act to reform Multitudes of unnecessary and inconvenient Buildings, in or near the City of London, and to avoid the Numbers of dangerous Inmates and Lodgers within the same.
Bills from H. C.
Hodie allatæ sunt 7 Billæ a Domo Communi, presented by Mr. Secretary Herbert and others: videlicet,
Residence of married Men in Colleges, &c.
1. An Act prohibiting the Resiance of Married Men, with their Wives and Families, in Colleges, Cathedral Churches, Collegiate Houses, and Halls, of the Universities of Oxford and Cambridg. Prima vice lecta.
Recovering small Debts. Poor Debtors.
2. An Act for the recovering of small Debts, and for the relieving of Poor Debtors, in London. Prima vice lecta.
3. An Act for the more speedy Sale of certain Lands of Sir Thomas Rowse, Knight, for Payment of his Debts.
4. An Act for the re-edifying of a Bridge, over the River of Severne, near the Town of Upton upon Severne.
5. An Act for the Confirmation of certain Leases and Estates, made by the Right Honourable Robert Lord Spencer, and by his late Father deceased, and his Mother now living.
6. An Act for enabling of John Hotham, Esquire, the Father, and John Hotham, his Son, to convey certain Lands, for a Jointure of such Wife as John the Son shall marry.
7. An Act for Assurance of certain Lands, late Sir John Skynner's, Knight, to Sir William Smith, and Sir Michaell Hickes, Knights.
Hodie 1a vice lecta est Billa, An Act for the Relief of such as lawfully use the Trade and Handicraft of Skinners.
Areskin's Naturalization, Letters Patent to St. Bees School.
Two Bills, which have been passed in this House, videlicet, the Bill for Naturalizing Sir James Areskin, and the Bill concerning the School at St. Bees, were sent this Day to the Lower House, by Dr. Swale and Dr. Hone.
Dominus Cancellarius continuavit præsens Parliamentum usque in diem crastinum, videlicet, 7m Martii, hora nona.