An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex, Volume 4, South east. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1923.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
16. COLD NORTON. (E.b.)
(O.S. 6 in. lxii. N.W.)
Cold Norton is a small parish 4½ m. S. of Maldon.
Parish Church of St. Stephen was entirely re-built in 1855. It contains from the old church the following:—
Fittings—Brass and Indents. Brass: In nave —of woman in pedimental head-dress, etc., c. 1520. Indents: Outside S. porch—(1) of figure. At entrance to churchyard—(2) of two figures and inscription-plate. Monuments: In chancel— in N. wall, (1) to Maude (Tasburghe), wife of Robert Cammocke, 1599, and her daughter, inscribed slab. In churchyard—(2) to William Walker, J.P., 1708, table-tomb. Plate: includes cup and cover-paten of 1568, the latter dated.
Condition—Of church, re-built.