An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Herefordshire, Volume 1, South west. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1931.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
12 BULLINGHAM, LOWER (D.b.)
(O.S. 6 in. XXXIX, N.E.)
Lower Bullingham is a parish, on the right bank of the Wye, 2 m. S.E. of Hereford.
(1). Barn, at Watery Lane Farm, 200 yards S.S.E. of the cross-roads in the village, is timber-framed, with brick nogging; the roof is covered with slates. The barn was built in the 17th century, and adjoining it is another outbuilding with some timber-framing of the same date.
(2). Cottage, at the cross-roads, opposite the Convent School, is of one storey with attics; the walls are timber-framed and plastered. It was built in the 17th century and the timber-framing is exposed.