An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Herefordshire, Volume 2, East. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1932.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
92 WINSLOW (C.b.)
(O.S. 6 in. (a)XX, S.E., (b)XXI, N.W.)
Winslow is a township W. of Bromyard.
a(1). Steward's Hyde, house, in the S.W. corner of the parish, is of two storeys with cellars. The walls are timber-framed and the roofs are slate-covered. The S. wing formed part of a fairly large late 16th or early 17th-century house, foundations of which extend towards the S.E. The rest of the existing building is modern. The old wing has exposed timber-framing and chamfered ceiling-beams.
b(2). Cottage, at Rowden Abbey, in the N. part of the parish, is of two storeys, timber-framed and with tiled roofs. It was built late in the 17th century and has exposed framing and a large stone chimney-stack. Inside the building the ceiling-beams are exposed.
b(3). Rowden Mill, house, 300 yards N. of (2), is of two storeys, timber-framed and with slate-covered roofs. The middle part of the house only dates from the 17th century and has some exposed timber-framing.