An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Hertfordshire. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1910.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
(O.S. 6 in. xli. N.W.)
(1). Parish Church of St. Thomas, in the village, is modern, but in the churchyard is part of a 15th-century Font. The bowl is octagonal, with concave sides, each side having a Tudor rose or a shield with a cross carved on it. The base is missing. The Plate of the church includes a cup and cover paten of 1636, and a paten of 1668.