An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Huntingdonshire. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1926.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
90. WARESLEY (C.g.).
(O.S. 6 in. XXVIII S.W.)
Waresley is a parish and village 5½ m. S.E. of St. Neots.
(1). Parish Church of St. James was re-built on a new site in 1857. It contains from the old church the following
Fittings—Monuments: In organ-chamber—on W. wall, (1) to Thomas Marshe, 1624, plain marble tablet; (2) to Elizabeth (Kympton) widow of Thomas Marshe, 1632, plain marble tablet.
(2). Homestead Moat, at Vicarage Farm, 200 yards S.E. of the church.
(3). Cottage, two tenements, near Manor Farm and 500 yards N.W. of the church, is of two storeys, timber-framed and plastered; the roofs are tiled. It was built late in the 17th century and has an original central chimney-stack. Inside the building there is some exposed timber-framing.