Plate 142: Crosses and Other Monuments

An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Huntingdonshire. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1926.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

Citation:

, 'Plate 142: Crosses and Other Monuments', in An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Huntingdonshire, (London, 1926) pp. 142. British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/rchme/hunts/plate-142 [accessed 26 May 2024].

. "Plate 142: Crosses and Other Monuments", in An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Huntingdonshire, (London, 1926) 142. British History Online, accessed May 26, 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/rchme/hunts/plate-142.

. "Plate 142: Crosses and Other Monuments", An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Huntingdonshire, (London, 1926). 142. British History Online. Web. 26 May 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/rchme/hunts/plate-142.

Crosses and Other Monuments.

Long Stow. (3) Village Cross, 15th-century, top modern

Great Staughton (9) Village Cross, now Sundial, with date 1637.

Hilton. (2) Pier recording the forming of the Maze in 1660.

Woodhurst. (3) Stone called the 'Abbot's Chair,' 1¼ m. S.W. of Chapel. Mediaeval.

Great Paxton. (1) Parish Church. Base of Cross in Churchyard, 15th-century.

Catworth. (1) Parish Church. In Vestry, late 13th-century.

Sawtry. (1) Parish Church. In Nave, 13th-century.

Warboys. (1) Parish Church. In Churchyard, N. of Chancel, early 14th-century.

Stilton. (1) Parish Church. In S. Aisle, late 12th-century.

Coffin-Lids.