An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in London, Volume 2, West London. Originally published by His Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1925.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
In this section
(O.S. 6 in. London Sheet J.)
The borough of Paddington consists of the parish of Paddington and a detached portion of the parish of Chelsea.
Parish Church of St. Mary stands on the N. side of Harrow Road. It was entirely rebuilt in 1788–91, but in the churchyard are the following:—
Monuments: On W. side—(1) to John Moore, 1710, also to Sarah, wife of Thomas Moore, 1725, and Cowsey and Richard Moore, 1716, head-stone with skulls, etc.; (2) to John Hubbard, 1665, aged 111, Elizabeth, his wife, 1666, Richard, their son, and Ann, wife of Richard, 169–, flat slab.