The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 3. Originally published by W Bristow, Canterbury, 1797.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
THE HUNDRED OR WESTERHAM AND EATONBRIDGE
LIES the next south-westward from that of Codsheath. It is described in the survey of Domesday by the name of the Hundred of Ostreham, as it was in king Edward III.'s reign by that of the Hundred of Westerham; soon after which the name of the lower half hundred of it, called Eatonbridge, was added to it; by both which names it has been called ever since.
IT CONTAINS THE PARISHES OF
1. WESTERHAM, and 2. EATONBRIDGE.
And the churches of those parishes:
And also part of the parishes of Brasted and Cowden, the churches of which are in another district.