The hundred of Wrotham: Introduction

The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 5. Originally published by W Bristow, Canterbury, 1798.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Edward Hasted, 'The hundred of Wrotham: Introduction', The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 5, (Canterbury, 1798), pp. 1. British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-kent/vol5/p1 [accessed 14 June 2024].

Edward Hasted. "The hundred of Wrotham: Introduction", in The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 5, (Canterbury, 1798) 1. British History Online, accessed June 14, 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-kent/vol5/p1.

Hasted, Edward. "The hundred of Wrotham: Introduction", The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 5, (Canterbury, 1798). 1. British History Online. Web. 14 June 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-kent/vol5/p1.

THE HUNDRED OF WROTHAM.

Plan of the ROMAN CAMP on Oldberry Hill in IGHTHAM.

WESTWARD from the hundred of Larkfield lies that of WROTHAM, usually pronounced Ruteham, called in Domesday, Broteham, and in the Textus Roffensis, WROTEHAM.

THIS HUNDRED CONTAINS WITHIN ITS BOUNDS THE PARISHES OF
1. STANSTED,
2. WROTHAM,
3. IGHTHAM, and
4. SHIPBORNE.