The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 7. Originally published by W Bristow, Canterbury, 1798.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.
THE HUNDRED OF BLACKBORNE
IS the last of the Seven Hundreds lest undescribed, as well as the last in the Lath of Scray, lying the next north-eastward from that of Tenterden. It was antiently called likewise Blacetune.
THIS HUNDRED CONTAINS WITHIN ITS BOUNDS THE
GREATEST PART OF THE PARISHES OF
4. APLEDORE; and the whole of the parish of
And the churches of those parishes, and likewise a part of the parishes of BETHERSDEN, SMARDEN, and WAREHORNE, the churches of which are in other hundreds. One constable has jurisdiction of it.