The hundred of Preston: Introduction

The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 9. Originally published by W Bristow, Canterbury, 1800.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

Citation:

Edward Hasted, 'The hundred of Preston: Introduction', The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 9, (Canterbury, 1800), pp. 131. British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-kent/vol9/p131 [accessed 14 June 2024].

Edward Hasted. "The hundred of Preston: Introduction", in The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 9, (Canterbury, 1800) 131. British History Online, accessed June 14, 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-kent/vol9/p131.

Hasted, Edward. "The hundred of Preston: Introduction", The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 9, (Canterbury, 1800). 131. British History Online. Web. 14 June 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-kent/vol9/p131.

THE HUNDRED OF PRESTON

LIES the next southward from that of Blengate last-described.

IT CONTAINS WITHIN ITS BOUNDS THE PARISHES OF
1. ELMSTONE; and
2. PRESTON.

And the churches of both those parishes. One constable has jurisdiction over it.