Plate 44: North Block extension

Page 44

Survey of London Monograph 17, County Hall. Originally published by Guild & School of Handicraft, London, 1991.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.


Plate 44

North Block Extension, 1955-8 (pp. 112-14)

a (top left). Under construction in August 1956, as seen from the arches of the Waterloo railway viaduct

b (top right). L staircase in 1986

c (left). North and west fronts in 1957

d (above). Third-floor offices in the occupation of the Architects' Department in 1960