Frontispiece: The Elephant and Castle, 1826

Survey of London: Volume 25, St George's Fields (The Parishes of St. George the Martyr Southwark and St. Mary Newington). Originally published by London County Council, London, 1955.

This free content was digitised by double rekeying. All rights reserved.

Citation:

, 'Frontispiece: The Elephant and Castle, 1826', in Survey of London: Volume 25, St George's Fields (The Parishes of St. George the Martyr Southwark and St. Mary Newington), (London, 1955) pp. 93. British History Online https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-london/vol25/plate-93 [accessed 19 May 2024].

. "Frontispiece: The Elephant and Castle, 1826", in Survey of London: Volume 25, St George's Fields (The Parishes of St. George the Martyr Southwark and St. Mary Newington), (London, 1955) 93. British History Online, accessed May 19, 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-london/vol25/plate-93.

. "Frontispiece: The Elephant and Castle, 1826", Survey of London: Volume 25, St George's Fields (The Parishes of St. George the Martyr Southwark and St. Mary Newington), (London, 1955). 93. British History Online. Web. 19 May 2024, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/survey-london/vol25/plate-93.

THE ELEPHANT AND CASTLE ON THE BRIGHTON ROAD, 1826

Figure 93:

The Elephant and Castle on the Brighton Road, 1826. From the engraving by T. Fielding of the painting by James Pollard, lent by Mr. J. H. MacDonnell.