Survey of London: Volume 39, the Grosvenor Estate in Mayfair, Part 1 (General History). Originally published by London County Council, London, 1977.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
Grosvenor House, Remodelling by Henry Clutton, 1870–2 and 1880–1
a. The loggia at the west end, added in 1880–1, from Park Lane, shortly before demolition in 1927
b. The gallery, with the Rubens room beyond, in 1889.
Frieze painted by F. J. Barrias, 1872. Demolished