Survey of London: Volume 6, Hammersmith. Originally published by London County Council, London, 1915.
This free content was digitised by double rekeying and sponsored by English Heritage. All rights reserved.
LVI.—HOGARTH HOUSE, No. 163 HAMMERSMITH ROAD
West of Spike House and, like it, fronting almost on the pavement level, is a narrow low cottage of two storeys called Hogarth House. It has no great depth, for the buildings of Corunna House, its western neighbour, project behind it and occupy the whole width. Its frontage to the street has an overhanging bay-window with canted sides similar to several others already noticed in Hammersmith. The building dates from the late 18th century and has a good iron gate and railings.